Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 1 done, 10km's and 1.1 kg's. Woo Hoo!!!

So, week 1 of c25k done. It is so awesome to be able to just follow a plan and know that at the end of it, I will reach a goal. No endless amounts of energy wasted on wondering if I am doing the right thing. Super!! W2D1 tomorrow.

Yesterday a very dear friend of mine and I walked a 10km "race". It was just divine. I had to get up at 4.30 as I needed to get to Ballito, a good half hour away, in time to register before the race. Kick off was 6am, (though we started about 10 minutes late) and off we went. Just walking and chatting and chatting and walking and before we knew it, it was time to turn around and head home, with 5k's under our belts. We took 1h39m51s and we are both SUPER proud of ourselves. My goal was a) to complete it, and b) to try and do it in under 2 hours. :-)

Got on the scale this morning. 1.1kg's down. That SO made my day. It has made me feel like all my hard work was WORTH it, I am inspired to carry and on, and maybe, just maybe, I am going to do it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment