Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 5

We started our weight loss journey on Monday - a mere 5 days ago. Dean has finally realised just how hard it really is to lose weight. He is struggling to stay within his points - but only the days where he has a few drinks. Like, on a Tuesday, when he meets up with is dad and a few mates after work for some drinks, and last night, we popped out to a local pub in the evening just to welcome a friend home. He likes beer, and swapping to Vodka/Rum/Whisky is hard for him. Its just that he really enjoys his beer and the spirits don't do it for him. A typical SA male I would imagine. Its hard for me to see him struggling, and then giving up - because I know that feeling so well.

As the week has progressed, and I have been feeling a little bit more confident about completing this journey (am still terrified of failure - yet again), I have been experiencing some detox symptoms. Like, there is some craziness going on with my lips. No matter how much lip-ice (balm) I use, I cannot sooth them. They are so chapped and they burn and are itchy. It is very strange. Also, I have broken out in eczema again, which I have not had in some time. I can only put it down to the lack of sugar and junk, and the increase in water. I hope it clears soon!

Tonight we are going out for dinner for a close friends birthday. We are gong to an Italian place, so I am thinking of having some like a Margarita pizza with chili, or a Neapolitan pasta. I know the pasta is a better option, but a pizza just sounds so good! :-)

Then tomorrow is my SIL's baby shower, which I am really dreading! All the snacky bits that I simply adore.......!!

On Sunday I am going to do a 10km walk, for the first time ever. My sister and her partner are running the 21k (they are avid runners). I am looking forward to it, but am also a little nervous. It is the furthest I have ever walked and am not sure how I am going to do. Sha and Pat say I should do it in 2 hours, but I am nervous that it will take me longer and I will feel like a fool. Because, you know, its all about ME!! :-)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment