Thursday, September 3, 2009

Introducing.........my family.

This is hubby and I, and my gorgeous son Bryce and my beautiful daughter Hannah.

If I have done nothing else right in my whole life, these two children make up for it, and more. They are my light, my life, my love, my heart, my air, my everything. (well, their dad a bit too.)

B is almost 5 and Hanz has just turned 2!

I wish I could blame some of the many, many kilos I have to lose on them, but I would be lying! When I fell pregnant with Bryce in 2004, I only put on a total of 7kg's. That said, I was already overweight, and really didn't have the option of gaining loads and loads - I would have been hospitalised! I watched what I ate - to a certain extent - and after he was born, 10 days overdue, at 4.37kg's, I lost all the baby weight almost immediately. Honestly - I mean, within about 2 weeks. Promise. Again - all that happened was that I got back to being, what, about 25 kilos overweight still. And then, the same thing happened with Hannah. It is almost as if, when I am pregnant, my body/metabolism, call it what you will, kicks up a gear to, I don't, know, NORMAL mode!!! And then, once I have had the baby, it just drops back down to g.o s.l.o.w!!! Very frustrating.

Anyway - just wanted to show off my beautiful family and give you some background. Also - as you can tell, the weight thing has been going on for well over 10 years now. In fact, I put on the first 5 kilos waaaaaaay back in 1996, then 10kg's during our first year in London - 1997, then slowly and steadily after that it has crept up to a stable 85 - 88 for the last 6 years or so. JOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment