What a precious, precious little angel. We went to visit them at the hospital yesterday and the nurses had forgotten that he was still in the room with mommy, so I got to cuddle him. I never thought it would happen, but he is the first newborn in a long time that has got me feeling broody. I thought I was totally over that, and yet, here I am, feeling it. I know in my heart and head that I won't have another baby, and maybe that's why I feel this way.
Holding him yesterday and seeing Leigh in the hospital, after a pretty muck birth, just brought all the feelings and memories flooding back. Yes, there is the pain, and the exhaustion, but then there is the falling in love. Oh, what joy, to fall in love with your husband all over again, and any other children you may have, and last, and certainly not least, your new baby. The baby that you know, but you don't know yet. You know his feel, and when you hold him against you, he fits just perfectly, but when he cries, you can't yet tell if he is hungry, or sore, or wet, or tired. But every moment you spend with him, you fall deeper and deeper in love. Mother Nature and God truly are amazing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment